I’m not sure where the past few months have gone, perhaps I’ll find them stuffed between the cushions of our couch.
I’ve learned quite a bit in the past few weeks:
- I hurt. Between sporadic sciatica pain, the pain I feel when watching the news, and the pain from scrolling through Facebook, I have cut back on media intake dramatically. This hasn’t really helped the sciatica, but my mental health is better.
- As far as we know, Cutie #3 is still measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule. We love our over-achievers.
- Advocacy still matters to me. I am honored to have been invited by CalABLE friends to testify in Sacramento in support of SB 218 next Wednesday.
- If I assigned less work, I’d have less grading to complete. This one will likely never be fully grasped.
- Contractions hurt. Maternal amnesia is the only way the human race has survived.
- I’m tired.
- Sitting hurts.
- Lying down hurts.
- So does getting back up.
- This pain is temporary, and it will pass. Get over it, #GoldenMomma.
Cutie #1 gets more interesting every day. I love talking with him, and I love seeing him figure out his world. He is his mother’s son. His ability to figure things out astonishes me. He taught me how to do a few things this week. He has a knack for it.
Cutie #2 is a ham. Last night, she serenaded Prince Charming and me with a rousing rendition of “Let It Go”, complete with her microphone from speech therapy and multiple bows at the end, as we cheer with gusto. When we do a good job on something, she enthusiastically applauds and shouts, “Bravo” for us, too.
One thought on “34 weeks”
Haven’t you tried sleeping 😌 with a pillow between your legs. It helps my hip pain.