As confusion subsides, and exhaustion abates, I am starting to realize that I am pregnant. I am less foggy than I was, and life is beginning a lovely rhythm. However, that realization is largely in that background. I don’t really seem to have time to just enjoy this moment this week, so right now, I am going to take a deep cleansing breath and love this moment, this baby, this unexpected joy.
That felt so good. Thanks.
I think I will do that a little more often.
The awesome, non-pregnancy things that happened this week were:
- Cutie #2 started saying “I’m sorry”. And since she has a tendency to injure me unintentionally, she had the opportunity to say it many times.
- Cutie #1’s sight word list includes the words “as”, which when sounded out, instead of memorized, makes him say “a$$”, then giggle and say, “Sorry, Mom. That’s a bad word.” No, my love. It’s “azzzzzzz”. You’re just fine.
- I had the chance to present at Kern Down Syndrome Network yesterday. I hopefully helped parents avoid the struggles we have had. At least they know they are not alone.
- We met two new families at Kern DSN. My heart is full.
- Prince Charming is working on finishing up projects so his wife doesn’t lose her marbles. He is an amazing man. Marbles are so hard to come by these days.
- Our Club 21 Walkathon donations are starting to roll in! Team Reyes is on the map!
Overall, it’s a great life. I couldn’t have planned it, guessed it, dreamed it, or created it if I tried. There are more twists and turns than I expected, but that keeps us young and interesting.